12.6.12

A Three Year Life Lesson on Patience





Guess what?!?!




I’m pregnant! I’m due in December which makes me about 13 weeks and it still feels like a dream. Austin and I have been wanting this for a really, REALLY long time and we could not be happier and more excited!

A lot of people probably didn’t even know that this has been a challenge for us for the last few years because we didn’t really talk about it. It has been a definite trial in our lives and I struggled big time on what my purpose was as a woman. We were able to throw ourselves into being Super Aunt & Uncle to our two nieces and we have had amazing friends who have let us had incredible relationships with their kids. I know we were given thanks for “helping out” but we needed it in our lives and I will be forever grateful to them for helping us out during that time. We ended up having an IUI and luckily it worked the first time. It’s amazing the advances in technology that are available to unexplained issues.

It’s actually really hard for me to announce this because I still feel like it can be taken away from me and I don’t mean to sound so negative but this whole experience is absoltuely terrifying to me. I am actually really glad that I have had family and friends go through this before me so I’ve been able to hear all the different opinions on what to do during pregnancy, the types of labour they had, and the big issue of epidural or not. Its amazing to me how different all the experiences have been and whats been said so I know I can expect the unexpected! I think until I actually start feeling the baby move it won’t quite become real to me yet.

I’ve been feeling pretty good just the usual symptoms of being super tired, nauseous in the mornings, and needing to eat All. The. Time. So far the baby doesn’t seem to like waking up at 5:30AM or when I lie on my right side or for some reason pizza. I’m not sure what that’s all about but ever since I’ve been pregnant, pizza sounds like the most disgusting thing I could possibly eat. No cravings but I’m trying not to eat peanuts or peanut butter because there is some studies that say if you have a family history of food allergies to not eat it when you’re pregnant. (** My brothers are deathly allergic to all things peanut and I could eat peanut butter by the spoon) So, we’ll see how well I do with that…

We will be finding out what we’re having. Austin really wants a boy and claim of having the first Gough Grandson and I think he needs a girl so she can wrap him around her little finger. He has turned down every name I have suggested so we may be flipping a coin and selecting at random. There is the possibility that the baby could come late and have the same birthday as us but I would really rather not have that happen and will probably lie if that happens to be the birth date. Either way it’s going to be the most amazing Christmas yet!!


We decided to tell our families on Mother's Day by giving the above picture in a frame that talked about grandkids to both our moms

 My mom got emotional; she's been wanting to be a Grandma almost as bad as I wanted to be a mom

My mother-in-law having a turn wearing the t-shirt

 This is what the back of the "Gough Baby" t-shirt said

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Levi and I are so happy for you! I hope you have been feeling well! Congrats!

Emily said...

Yay!!! Congratulations Lisa and Austin. I'm so glad you are able to experience parenthood. There is nothing like it in the world.... it's amazing. My vote = get an epidural :)

J Fox said...

I'm so happy for you Lisa... I can't imagine how hard it's been. You're going to be such a great mom. CONGRATS!

Kate said...

SO happy for you Lisa!! You are going to be such a great mom. I am so excited for you to experience this life changing moment in your life, there is nothing better! Love and miss you!

Jen Low said...

Congrats again!! I can't think of anyone more ready or deserving right now than you too. And guess what? Now you'll be able to cash in all those years of helping with other peoples kids, and get help with your own baby! I love that picture of your mom, it's exactly how I pictured her reacting.

LOCKHARTS said...

What a wonderful blessing. This baby must be such a special one to make you wait so long! I'm so happy for you both!

Anonymous said...

This is THE BEST NEWS!!! Love you!

Lindsay Rondo said...

Lisa!!! I'm sooooo happy for you guys. I was unaware that you were trying for that long but I'm so glad it worked! Yay for baby Gough!! You guys are going to be such wonderful parents and I can't wait to hear what you're having. I'm SOOOOO excited for you!!

Miriam said...

Lisa! I'm happy for you! Congrats. Love, love, love you!

Anonymous said...

Yay yay yaya, I have been waiting to hear this news for a long time! So happy for you, you guys have proven that you will be amazing parents, seriously! This baby is so blessed to be coming to you two! Can't wait to hear what you are having! I say boy!

CA said...

really good https://www.cekaja.com/info/bahaya-air-galon-isi-ulang/