29.7.10

UTAH / IDAHO Weekend

This past weekend I headed down to Utah for Ashley Costley's, I mean Ashley Bird's wedding! I vowed I would never drive the I15 ever again after numerous trips back and forth from Calgary to Rexburg but I did it. I left Wednesday night with Britt Gibson heading to Rexburg, then caught a red-eye shuttle to Salt Lake City where my dear friend Ashley, who I haven't seen for TWO years, picked me up. We spent the day together running errands, getting pedicures, and getting last minute wedding stuff together. Then that night we met up with Remi, Kate, Miriam and Ashley's family and had a girls dinner at Cheescake Factory. It was SOO good to see the girls! I have missed everyone so much! I have been feeling so isolated up here in Canada and making it difficult to keep in touch with everyone as much as I want to so I really needed this weekend! Love you girls! The wedding was beautiful! Jeremy and Ashley were so in love and looked so happy! And it was so fun to catch up with the girls and laugh and chit chat about life.

Then after the wedding, I headed back up to Rexburg to hang out with Ash, Dave and Summer Cichy! They were too good to me. We went to the Idaho Falls Zoo, which surprisingly was better then I thought it would be, ate at Cafe Rio, did P90X, watched Baby Mama, and just hung out. I miss not having them in Calgary! I was also able to see Pam, Matt and Chet Leavitt who I haven't seen for so long.

I came home to an amazing husband who welcomed me with a dozen roses, dinner made and a clean house! I love him. It was such a good weekend and I am so glad I was able to see so many people that I have been missing! I am very lucky to have amazing friends in my life and I wish I could see them all  more. Thanks Ash and Dave for letting me crash at your places and thanks everyone for a good time!

So cute!!

Pretty Ashley



Summer being a little monkey!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time. Brian and I have to drive that dreaded I15 all the time. Jen wants to visit Utah sometime so maybe the three of us should road trip sometime! (But then, you'd be driving on that darn road again!) I totally know how you feel wishing you could be close to all your old friends. Brian and I moved here two years ago and I felt like Carlee Andruski and I got pretty close, but then she moved away. People can never just stay put:). I am thinking we need to do a girls nite or a young couples activity before the end of summer gets here.

BTW - SO stinking jealous that you got to eat at Cafe Rio. :)

Luisa said...

Next time you need to take an extra day so you can come see us!

Anonymous said...

It was great having you! We had lotsa fun!!