23.2.10

Cake?

Over the weekend, Austin and I were heading to our friends house (Jason & Suzanne) and I had brought some cookies with me. As we were waiting for them to let us in, I noticed that the cookie container and the way I wrapped them looked kind of like a cake. I mentioned this to Austin and he broke into this song...

"If I knew you were coming, I'd a baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake. Oh, if I knew you were coming, I'd a baked a cake..."

After I got over the initial shock of this random song & dance, I burst out laughing asking him what that was? He then looked at ME like I was crazy because I had never heard that song! I then had him sing the song for Jason and Suzanne who also had never heard that song!

A couple days later we asked a couple of Austin's siblings if they knew the song because I assumed it was a "family song" or something. They didn't know it either so then Austin thought he made it up! Haha! Well, I found the song so if you have heard of this song, I would love for you to tell me about it!



6 comments:

Emily said...

Um no... never heard it. but quite catchy!

Suzanne Lee said...

BAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh my that was halarious. I love the intro too "haven't seen you in a while" lol. I didn't quite picture Austin jiving that kind of music though... to each their own I guess. :D

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

nope, i think he is on his own on this one. maybe you should post a video of him shaking it to the music, i am sure you could choreograph something real nice :)

Lindsay Rondo said...

hahaha! This is HILARIOUS because after listening to this song (which is very catchy and cute), picturing Austin singing this cracks me up!
I want a live performance!

Lindsay Rondo said...

p.s. I think this is my new favorite song. I just listened to it twice. Thanks Austin. :)

Jen Low said...

Lisa!

I just showed the song to Dave and this was our conversation

Dave: "Why are you watching this song?"

Me: "Because Austin sang it out of the blue and Lisa was shocked he knew it"

Dave: Why? Who DOESN"T know that song?"

Me: Umm I've never heard that song in my life.

Dave: WHAT??? How have you not heard that song before, EVERYONE has.

Me: Apparently not everyone

Dave: I can't believe that.

So I guess you can chalk one up for "heard it" and one up for "never heard it in my life".