8.2.10

AbOuT TiMe!

My best friend Ashley Costley comes home tomorrow from her mission and I can't even tell you how EXCITED I am!!!!!!!!



I usually feel like time flies when my friends are on missions, but not this time! I had such a hard time with not being able to talk to Ashley on a regular basis and be able to hang out with her. She was one of the girls I met on my very first day at BYU Idaho and were friends for the years to follow. We first lived across the hall from each other and then later became roommates and now I honestly feel like she is part of my family. We have traveled to places like Nauvoo, Tennessee and had many road trips to Canada and Phoenix! We even joined French Choir one semester for extra credit! (So random!) She was there for me whenever I needed her and when I got called to be Relief Society President, you bet I put her as my first counselor and wouldn't have been been able to do my calling otherwise. She was living in Calgary with my family while she was doing her internship and unfortunately it was during a difficult time for my family. She was there when my dad passed away and I could not have survived without her there! I was so glad to have her and Remi there for my wedding and that we were both able to go to Remi's wedding a few months later. She has been gone for 18 LONG months and I am so proud of the work she accomplished on her mission. I was not the best writer, I think because I would get so frustrated having to explain everything in a letter. She has always been such an amazing example to me and she is the funniest, kindest, most amazing person I know! I'm so grateful to have her friendship in my life and again I am SOO excited for her to be home!

5 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

that is awesome. i love that girl. are you going to go and see her?

remi said...

sooooo....are you coming?! I want you HERE!!!

I saw Jenny sent something out with great flights from Canada about this time of year...I think you should be here right now....

Lindsay Rondo said...

YEAAAAH! She's coming home! It seems like she's been gone for so long! If you talk to her tomorrow, send her my love and tell her WELCOME BACK!

And Lisa, we still haven't caught up over the phone! Lets do it! :)

Emily said...

Yay! She is the best. So glad she is home!

BEN and BRIT said...

Costley is home?! Wow, time flies! You two were real close. Aw the college days...such good times. By the way, I love your new camera, lucky girl!