23.10.11

D.I.Y

I have completed my first DIY project. Well...sort of. I have been trying to gather up decorating ideas and furniture ideas for the house and I remembered a project I saw on Danielle Oakey Interiors. It was nightstands using dressers from Ikea. A dresser I already owned. After seeing the end result I really wanted to give it a try. DIY projects have always scared my because I've just never really been good at arts and crafts but I really liked these nightstands.

Austin didn't have much confidence in my abillities either so he suggested we at least do them at his Grandpa's Workshop, because we didn't have room and he has all the supplies we would need. After a little trial and error we had stained and painted the wood and I was surprised at how easy it was.

As it turned out, Austin's Grandpa decided to do another coat for us as well as reassemble the drawers and change the hardware to what I picked out. So I didn't completely do my first DIY project by myself but I'm happy with the result and have a little more confidence in doing more projects.

Thanks Grandpa Bill for letting us use your workshop and tools and for telling me that I was better at staining than Austin. :)

 BEFORE                                                
























AFTER

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks awesome!!! I get too intimitated by projects like that. So I never take on one...haha. Nice work!!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed Lis! I want to see the rest of the house...more pictures soon?

Cherisa Smith said...

I love it! It looks so great! I love DIY projects, I wish I had more room to do them though!