17.9.11

SMITHFEST 2011

I'm extremely behind in my blogging. Usually I would just skip everything that has happened in the last while but there has been so much going on and I just have to document it all! First up...Smithfest.

Every two years my dad's side of the family has a family reunion. It's called SmithFest and its kind of a big deal! The location usually alternates between Calgary and Utah which is where the family lives. This year it was in Calgary with my Grandparents acreage acting as the home base. We've been doing these official reunions since 1999 and its been bitter sweet to accept all the changes that have happened over time.

It was a great weekend filled with this year's T-shirt reveal, Rolly-bat, fireworks, pancake breakfast, rafting, family jeopardy, dance party, and a wiener roast. It was soo good to see the family especially the ones we don't get to see that often. Until 2013...













No comments: